Use systemd [SOLVED]

Moderators: Oren.R, Eran.M, fradensky

hwaddle

Use systemd [SOLVED]

Postby hwaddle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:38 pm

We are using a DART-6UL Rev 1.21 with Jethro. I would like to get systemd up and running as the init manager but have been so far unsuccessful. I added the following to the local.conf file :

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""

As the Yocto documentation suggested. Then I ran bitbake fsl-image-gui. Almost imediately I get the following build errors :

ERROR: Please ensure that your setting of VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager (systemd) matches the entries enabled in DISTRO_FEATURES | ETA: --:--:--
ERROR: Please ensure that your setting of VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager (systemd) matches the entries enabled in DISTRO_FEATURES
ERROR: Failed to parse recipe: /home/bigass/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-jethro/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/packagegroup/packagegroup-fsl-pulseaudio.bb
ERROR: Please ensure that your setting of VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager (systemd) matches the entries enabled in DISTRO_FEATURES

If I just build an image with DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd" the build succeeds but with sysvinit as the init manager instead of systemd. Is there a way of building a Variscite image with systemd?

Eran.M

Re: Use systemd

Postby Eran.M » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Try also adding:
IMX_DEFAULT_DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"

Jascha.K

Postby Jascha.K » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:08 am

This works fine for me, but when I use systemd, I'm not able to enable php-fpm as a service. update-rc.d is missing, I've added it in my local.conf with "IMAGE_INSTALL_append =", it builds fine but doesn't get added to the image.

But why does the php-fpm.service depend on update-rc.d even if I select systemd only?

€dit: I want to build core-image-minimal

hwaddle

Postby hwaddle » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I have the same issue. And also when running the with systemd, my Bluetooth module is not loading. When I run "hciconfig" I get nothing. Is there something I need to change in order to load the boards Bluetooth capability when running systemd?

Oren.R

Postby Oren.R » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello,
Yocto Krogoth supported was added today to DART-6UL
systemd is working properly on Krogoth

hwaddle

Re: Use systemd [SOLVED]

Postby hwaddle » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:25 pm

When building krogoth I ran into the following error :

ERROR: wpa-supplicant-wl18xx-R8.6_SP1-ti-r0 do_package: QA Issue: wpa-supplicant-wl18xx: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
/lib
/lib/systemd
/lib/systemd/system
/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant-nl80211@.service
/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service
/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant-wired@.service
/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant@.service
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
wpa-supplicant-wl18xx: 7 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
ERROR: wpa-supplicant-wl18xx-R8.6_SP1-ti-r0 do_package: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: wpa-supplicant-wl18xx-R8.6_SP1-ti-r0 do_package: Function failed: do_package
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/bigass/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-krogoth/build_x11/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/wpa-supplicant-wl18xx/R8.6_SP1-ti-r0/temp/log.do_package.117499
ERROR: Task 1613 (/home/bigass/var-mx6ul-mx7-yocto-krogoth/sources/meta-variscite-mx6/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-wl18xx.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'

My local.conf file is set up the same as in Jethro. Is there something that I need to set differently in my config file?

fradensky

Postby fradensky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 am

Hi,

In sources/meta-variscite-mx6/conf/machine/imx6ul-var-dart.conf replace

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant-cli = "wpa-supplicant-wl18xx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant-passphrase = "wpa-supplicant-wl18xx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant = "wpa-supplicant-wl18xx"

by

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant-cli_imx6ul-var-dart = "wpa-supplicant"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant-passphrase_imx6ul-var-dart = "wpa-supplicant"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_wpa-supplicant_imx6ul-var-dart = "wpa-supplicant"

Then run "MACHINE=imx6ul-var-dart bitbake -c clean wpa-supplicant-wl18xx" and restart the build.

Felix.

hwaddle

Postby hwaddle » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks for the reply! Making the changes worked.

hwaddle

Postby hwaddle » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:50 pm

The build works perfectly but when booting with the DART-6UL Starter Kit a couple issues crop up. I get a :

[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttymxc0.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttymxc0.

It actually takes 1.5 minutes during boot and the boot process stalls out during :

[ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes.

Is this an issue with how I create my bootable SD card?

fradensky

Postby fradensky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:15 pm

CONFIG_FHANDLE=Y should be enabled in the kernel configuration. I've pushed necessary changes to the git, please rebuild the kernel by running the following commands from your build directory:

bitbake -c cleanall linux-variscite
bitbake -c cleanall cryptodev-module
bitbake fsl-image-gui

Then recreate your SD.

Return to “Yocto”